Investing in St. Kitts & Nevis
There are two main ways to invest in the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis. These are "Foreign Direct Investment" and "Citizenship by Investment."
Foreign Direct Investment
Establishing a Business
The Government of St. Kitts & Nevis welcomes your enquires about setting up a business in the Federation. It is advisable to retain a local lawyer to assist with the process. The steps below are required for establishing a business:
1. A business proposal must be submitted to the Ministry of Industry & Commerce;
2. The Fiscal Incentives Application Form must be completed and submitted, along with the business proposal, to the Ministry of Industry & Commerce;
3. Work permits must be secured for all foreign personnel working with the company;
4. Applications must be forwarded to the Ministry of National Security;
5. All foreign investors who are interested in purchasing land or company shares require an Aliens Land Holding Licence;
6. Application forms are available from the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Agriculture;
7. Application for lease or rent of appropriate commercial space should be made if required;
8. The company must be registered under the Company Act;
9. A Memorandum and Articles of Association must be filed with the Financial Services Department.
Two agencies that can provide valuable assistance are the St. Kitts Investment Promotion Agency (SKIPA) and the Nevis Investment Promotion Agency (NIPA).
SKIPA proactively markets St. Kitts, internationally, regionally and locally as an attractive investment location that offers an array of investment opportunities. The investment promotion efforts of the agency are geared towards attracting the right type of investor that will positively contribute to the long term development of St. Kitts.
NIPA seeks to explore, attract and promote investment opportunities that will stimulate economic growth and contribute positively to Nevis' long term development. NIPA also seeks to create an investor friendly environment which facilitates the ease of doing business by being the investor's point of contact.